Cogsdill ZX Modular Boring Tools (MBT) offer versatility and economy when machining bores, counter-bores, tapers, threads and complex contours inside components over a wide range of diameters. These tools offer the highest cutting speeds and material removal rates available. The MBT Series is available in single-slide (MBT-S) and twin-slide (MBT-T) versions. All MBT tools feature 2:1 actuation ratio for easy programming.
Benefits of Cogsdill MBT Tools:
- Broad size range: Each tool has a long tool slide stroke that is supplemented by using different cartridges to cover an even wider diameter range. No need to change the tool slide(s) or remove the head from the machine.
- Versatility – performs forward and back boring operations, back counterbores, internal grooves, faces; bottle bores can also be machined.
- Bottom-facing capability available for blind bores.
- Exceptional concentricity: stepped and tapered bores are machined without tool changes. Concentricity is maintained as the tool slide(s) adjust for various diameters while the tool stays on the same bore centerline.
- Twin-slide tools offer balanced cutting forces for high feeds and speeds and high material removal rates.
- Internal through-tool coolant is standard.
- Fully enclosed actuation mechanism: No chip packing.
- Modular design makes adjustment of length and configuration fast and easy. This adds to the versatility of the tool. Some sizes can be converted for extended-reach applications with piloted support.
- Internal forward hard stop and anti-torque features protect the tool in case of mishaps.