The Cogsdill ZX Facing/Contouring heads offer the Greatest versatility of all from the Cogsdill ZX Tooling range. These heads have a single tool slide; onto which top tooling is mounted into qualified locating holes. This provides for repeatable set-ups.
With appropriate top tooling, these heads can perform boring, facing, taper boring, radius forming, chamfering, recessing and threading. Large parts can be machined without having to remove the work piece. Internal Coolant is optional.
- Perform Lathe-type operations on boring mills
- Maximum application flexibility
- Large Diameter Range (from 0mm to 1270mm on ZX900)
- Accepts industry-standard top tooling components and inserts (Modular tooling packages also available)
- Qualified tool location points in tool slide for accurate and repeatable set-ups
- Backlash-free operation