ZX Rotary Couplings
Enable RAM type HBMs to pick up and attach ZX-Tool & Rotary Coupling Assemblies automatically.
ZX Rotary Couplings – our latest interface development – are completely unique to Cogsdill and can remove the necessity of an operator and crane to load and unload the tooling, whilst vastly broadening the types of machine that can now utilise the ZX system.
The CamLock system on all standard ZX-Tools can be attached manually to the Rotary Coupling, however, a special hydraulic clamping version is also available. Depending on the spindle adaptor plate, the Rotary Coupler can utilise the CamLock System or bolts to connect. The Spindle Adaptor Plate is generally supplied by the machine tool builder.
Making machine tool automation beautifully simple.
ZX Rotary couplings provide a fully automated solution that can select different heads / boring tools depending upon the application. Utilising the latest hydraulic capabilities, the ZX system can synchronise in unison with your multi-tasking machine. When coupled with robotics, your tools can automatically be picked up and loaded from a complementary rail stack system.
- Fast changeover: Think of it like a ‘pit stop’ for all your manufacturing requirements.
- Health and safety: Remove greasy manual intervention where things potentially slip.
- Wider industry applications: Oil and gas, mining, rail, aerospace, marine, etc.
- Broader machine spectrum: Soraluce, Mazak, DMG Mori, Doosan and many others.
|TECHNICAL DATA||UNITS||RC 410-AB-400-C||RC 410-AC-600-C||RC 305-AB-350-C-IS||RC 305-AB-856-C-IS||RC 305-AB 1156-C-IS||RC 410-AC-407-H|
|RC LENGTH TYPE||STANDARD||EXTENDED||STANDARD||EXTENDED||EXTENDED||STANDARD|
|INTERNAL TYPE||HOLLOW||HOLLOW||INNER SPINDLE||INNER SPINDLE||INNER SPINDLE||HOLLOW|
|ADAPTER PLATE MOUNTING||CAMLOCK OR BOLTS||CAMLOCK OR BOLTS||CAMLOCK OR BOLTS||CAMLOCK OR BOLTS||CAMLOCK OR BOLTS||CAMLOCK OR BOLTS|
|ZX-TOOL MOUNTING||CAM LOCK MANUAL||CAM LOCK MANUAL||CAM LOCK MANUAL||CAM LOCK MANUAL||CAM LOCK MANUAL||HYDRAULIC AUTOM.|
|A – Interface Diameter||mm||ø 305||ø 305||ø 305||ø 305||ø 305||ø 305 / 410|
|B – Coupling Length||mm||400||600||350||856||1156||407|
|C – Mounting Diameter||mm||ø 410||ø 410||ø 390||ø 390||ø 390||ø 410|
|D – Inner Spindle Length||mm||36||36||40||733||1033||–|
* Maximum speed may vary with the size of the ZX Tool mounted on the extended bonnet and the load on the spindle bearings.
** Option 2, Camlock Interface might be required if the bolt on style is not possible with a hirth coupling
RC 410-AB-400-C with ZX-420
Special RC application
RC 410-AC-407-H Autom.
The new ZX-RC Facing & Contouring Head range features an integrated Rotary Coupling for automatic pick up and clamping, tailored for RAM-type HBM machine spindles.
ZX-RC Facing & Contouring Heads
The ZX-RC Facing & Contouring Head is a compact all in one solution for RAM-type HBM machines featuring a live spindle. These Heads can be stored in the tool stacker or in the pick-up station used for milling head auto exchange.
Regardless of ZX-RC Head type, the proven mechanical ZX actuation mechanism converts linear live spindle motion into radial cutter movement. This sturdy design is based on the “sliding inclined wedge” principle for backlash-free operation; no gears or bell cranks are used.
- All parts are hardened and ground for lasting accuracy and durability.
- All Contouring Heads with feature through coolant facility.
- The ZX-RC Contouring Heads are connected to the spindle adaptor plate with Cam Locks.
- The Spindle adapter plate is built to suit the square RAM face that is supplied by the machine tool builder.
- All ZX-RC Heads feature heavy duty machine spindle bearings to ensure long wear life under heavy loads.
- A special version of the ZX-RC Head, with a hydraulic fully automated top tool change facility, is available.
|TECHNICAL DATA||UNITS||ZX300 TC-RC||ZX500 TC-RC||ZX700 TC-RC|
|Auto Tool clamp||mm||–||available||available|
|A – Tool slide length||mm||300||508||700|
|B – Body diameter||mm||300||400||500|
|C – Radial stroke||mm||75||102||127|
|G – Facing head width||mm||ø 300||ø 408||398|
|H – Facing head length||mm||472||472||505.5|
|I – Interface diameter||RPM||ø 410||ø 410||ø 410|
|Stroke ratio||da Nm||1 to 1||1 to 1||1 to 1|
|Backlash||+/- 0.025||+/- 0.025||+/- 0.025|
|Max. chip removal on 080M46 steel|
* All weights without spindle adapter plate.